View Single Post
09-07-2019, 08:51 AM
Joined in Dec 2017
742 posts
NotADreamerPerSe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIdreamer View Post
Congratulation!! One of the first success story, hopefully many more to come after yours.

Did he ask for more documents to proof your dad has a steady job? tax return, letter from employer?

My wife doesn't work so I'm basically doing an affidavit of support for myself.
Thank you! She didn't ask me for anything. I brought pay stubs, letter of employment, and the tax transcripts, but she didn't ask me to show them to her. Just kind of went with what I was saying.

When it comes to the documents this is how it went down. It was a three step process. First you go to a table and they make you put some documents together (birth certificates (yours and petitioner), passport, two pictures.

Then you go to a different area where I think someone checks what kind of documents are in the system (they only asked me for my criminal record letter- the letter of no antecedentes penales I think it's called in Spanish)

Then you wait for the interview, and that's where I was asked for my dad's letter of naturalization and the waiver.

I cannot imagine it being that different in Juarez or anywhere else since it's the American embassy.
Post your reply or quote more messages.