View Single Post
11-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Joined in Apr 2012
665 posts
immigration truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
Sean Hannity doesn't care for immigrants or middle class. He is just saying this because the rest of the GOP crowd are saying it too. He's trying to maintain his credibility. His views will have absolutely zero difference and carry zero if not negative weight on the immigration debate. Its his job to open his big mouth while its the actual GOP Congressmen who have to cut out deals behind closed doors. Don't even get me started on Bill O'Reilly. On election night, he said Romney is losing because there is a changing demographic in America. He said there are a rising number of black and hispanic voters. He went on to say that people simple "want stuff." I can't fathom his audacity during a time when the rest of the GOP strategists were acknowleding that their party has to talk with Latinos. So, the moral is, these journalists and reporters will hold no sway in the debate. It's the congressmen that we need to focus on and frankly we have a nice credible list that have shown signs of compromise in the past. I'm looking at Lindsey Graham, John McCain, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell etc. This is when I will really start missing Senator Jon Kyl but I'm sure Flake will fill his shoes nicely.
Agreed. I really think though that we have a strong chance at this. The tea party can't be as loony as they were before and I truly feel the moderate forces will win out in the republican party this time. Sure the CIR/New DA bill( Since it seems as if the DA will still be it's own individual bill) that may be passed may have a few harsh provisions to please republicans( huge fees, e-verify) but I feel as if a huge wave of legalization is coming. So strange to think of life pre 6/15.
Post your reply or quote more messages.