View Single Post
12-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Joined in Dec 2008
213 posts
day_dreamin'
Long story short, I filed for my sister on September and went through the whole ordeal of waiting for acceptance, biometrics, approval etc.
She finally got approved on November and was supposed to get her EAD sometime that month. By checking the USCIS website I noticed that she was supposed to have received her card on November 17th which she didn't!

We called and notified them and they told us we would have to wait a couple more weeks because sometimes the website is not accurate.
We waited till the beginning for October and called again to report it lost, they told us we had to wait a whole month just in case it sent back to them.

We proceeded to call back on the first week of December and they told us that she would get her card in 2 weeks, instead we get a letter saying we needed to reapply! WTF!
We are now here sitting wondering what to do! we called back (for the millionth time) asking them what needed to be done, here is what they said:

We need to reapply and check the replacement option and sent it with the notice of approval, however they said we had to pay the whole 465 all over again!

any help/input is greatly appreciated! is it true I have to pay the fee again! I suspect we do however I need to know what to send with her application (evidence, check, approval?)
the people at USCIS clearly did not know what to say because all they said was to refer to the instructions
Cali DL: 10/25/12
Post your reply or quote more messages.