View Single Post
09-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Joined in May 2016
2,683 posts
jaylove16
Quote:
The sole Republican member of New Mexico's congressional delegation is urging House Speaker Paul Ryan to work across party lines to find a permanent solution for those immigrants who were brought to the country as children and are living here illegally.

U.S. Rep. Steve Pearce sent a letter to Ryan on Wednesday. He accused Congress of staying idle for decades while the executive branch imposed temporary fixes and a patchwork of policies to address immigration issues.

Pearce, who is running for governor of New Mexico, says Congress has a responsibility to find a fair and just solution.
Quote:
In my opinion, a comprehensive solution includes: 1) securing the border, 2) ending sanctuary cities, states and campuses, 3) ending birthright citizenship when neither parent is a U.S. citizen, 4) providing a path to citizenship for people (like these “dreamers”) who are personally innocent of breaking U.S. immigration law, 5) punishing criminal illegal aliens, and 6) massively simplifying the legal immigration process. Immigrants should always be welcome in the USA, but immigration must be legal, secure, and integrate new citizens into America’s culture. I look forward to working with my colleagues in the House to help solve the problem comprehensively, and hope the Senate will prove helpful.

-Warren Davidson
We all know Labrador is the worst when it comes to immigration. I have no idea how a former immigration lawyer and a Hispanic can be so hardline and cruel .

I couldn't find much about the fourth congressman Scott Perry's views on legalization or DACA.
Post your reply or quote more messages.