View Single Post
09-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Joined in Aug 2012
2,308 posts
tommydreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyme View Post
I'm so bad I got the letter yesterday and did the walk-in today.

I have an excuse though because I have class from 10:30am - 9:30pm that day with some breaks in between.

Well I got there at 7:50am and the receptionist didn't even look at my appointment date and told me to go in but I told him I was doing a walk-in and he directed me to another guy. Then the manager came out and asked me my reasons and I showed him my class schedule. He approved it so I was able to get my biometrics done today. Everyone there was friendly but the best part was when I was doing my fingerprints. In the beginning I was nervous because the lady that was going to do my fingerprints came out and yelled at the people who were using their cellphone. When it was mine turn to do the prints she saw I812D and she started congratulating me and telling me not to be afraid. I started to tell her this is a walk-in and she said no problem, her manager signed it so everything is fine. She was like "Obama approved it, it's a free country, you don't need to be afraid. Some people thinks you can't go home after coming here. Don't worry you will go home today. Tell all your friends to apply, don't be afraid. You will get your EAD soon, get a job, then get married". Lol I told her I'll invite her to the wedding. It took me around an hour to get everything done because 12 people were ahead of me when I got there. It's not bad at all. Wayyyy faster than my doctor's appointment yesterday -.-
I'm 99.99999% sure that we had the same tech... she was very nice asked about school, work, getting married, etc.. was the manager an older Asian female?