View Single Post
08-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Joined in Aug 2007
17 posts
ucgirl
Hi everyone,
My name is Maria. I just want to say that I am so happy to find people who share the same secret that I have to live with. Thanks, you help make everyday a little more bearable. So I guess this is the part where I tell you about myself. I am originally from Mexico. My biological father moved my mother and I to California when I was 3. They separated when I was 4. I didn't find out that I was illegal until I was in middle school and my mother took me to an immigration attorney to meet my father. He had obtained his citizenship by then and as his child that made me a citizen as well. Small problem he refused to sign the paperwork recognizing me as his daughter. He moved to Georgia and we have been trying to find him for the last three years. Since then my mother has gotten her residency making me that only person in my family that is here illegally. Luckily I live in CA which means I can pay instate tuition, which my parents have paid for through the equity in our home. I am currently a senior at UCI so if any of you are from the O.C. get in touch with me. I am planning on applying to law schools this year and the Dream Act is the only hope I have of feasibly getting a law degree. A house can only be worth so much right?! Anyway this is my hello and again thank you all for this forum .
Post your reply or quote more messages.