View Single Post
07-25-2021, 08:49 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamLeon123 View Post
I'm curious how did the states suing prove that DACA recipients where a "burden" on them. It boggles my mind. We don't qualify for most financial aids let alone welfare...
The Texas lawsuit in 2014 seemed to focus on the cost of having to make a special drivers license for DACA recipients and they argued that it was costing them like 5 bucks extra or something and if DAPA and expansion of DACA would go into place, it would cost them a bunch of money.

I remember in the 5th circuit court one of the judges asked whether that was a self inflicted wound and they wouldn't have to give a special license, but I forget what the response was. I'm sure someone can dig up the arguments.

Republicans are good at pseudo math however. I'm sure they will dig up any criminal Dreamers and blame them for all the crimes, cost of college going up, etc.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.