View Single Post
11-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,680 posts
IamAman
The evidence that facebook was complicit in 2016 is clear and out there. Even they admit they screwed up and that's not up for debate.

The fact that today they refuse to take down clearly doctored videos that effect elections is just criminal IMO. They are an evil company.

Anecdotal evidence: For the last 4 years or so, I've noticed that as soon as CNN or other news networks or newspapers post a story on facebook, within a second, all these pro-Trump "Americans" start posting praises about how great Trump is and calling the story "Fake News"

A lot of them are simple "Best President Ever!" type posts by accounts without a real photo- sometimes a generic pro-Trump picture, anti-Hillary picture, or a clearly fake picture. They either don't have any friends or if they do, it's other fake accounts and perhaps a delusional old person who thought they were real and added them as a friend. Some are more intricate and aren't bots per se but the work of a professional troll because they did respond but no human would be only 24/7.

A few of those accounts in particular would just post the number for ICE and encouraged people to call them if they suspected anybody of being here illegally. One was an account by a some black people who loved Trump and had the Rebel flag in their main picture - clearly photoshopped.

I have probably reported 300 of these accounts over the years to facebook as fake. I think maybe in the last 4 years, 6 of them were removed by facebook while facebook continued to brag about all the new users it was having on the platform. Terrible company. Sad.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.