View Single Post
03-21-2017, 08:36 PM
Joined in May 2012
51 posts
1Up
Hey guys,

After the last circlejerk with USCIS, getting fired after my DACA expired, being called "a fucking unemployed immigrant," being unemployed for 6 months, and having to worry about my status every day since Trump took over, I have decided that it's probably time to move. Marriage is not an option since my current SO doesn't want to get married, and I don't want to waste time/effort trying to find someone else. I want my freedom by the end of 2018.

When DACA came around, I was excited, thinking that it would be enough for me to be able to work and drive, two luxuries I never had before, but now I realize that if my DACA expires again, I will be back to the shit I've been dealing with for the last 6 months. It's just endless limbo for me.

So, I am wondering if anybody here can point me to some resources for getting out of the US, without having to go "back" to a third world country. I have a bachelor's in engineer, with 3 years of work experience, and will have a masters pretty soon as well. I am thinking I could do an MBA in another country and try to find a job there when I graduate. OR I could directly get a job in another country OR move somewhere directly and figure out the job part later.

Does anyone have any advice on how to begin my search? Do you know of someone who has moved to another country? Does anyone know a really good lawyer that may be able to help? I would like to move to somewhere like Canada/Australia/New Zealand... honestly, Western Europe... any developed region of the world.
Approved: 10/5/2016
Expiration Date: 9/26/2016
Post your reply or quote more messages.