View Single Post
07-06-2009, 08:03 PM
From Bewteen Sacramento and Redding
Joined in Aug 2007
1,114 posts
OptimistinDenial
You should disclose as much information as you are willing and feel compelled to risk. I appeared in Univision Sacramento two years ago and nothing happened. All the members from my organization know I am undocumented and nothing has happened. Some professors know and many friends.

Gabe appeared on the news with his happy face, name and all and nothing has happened. A lady in the Los Angeles Area formed a group of students that went to city councils to gather their support. There was testimonies of HS students and nothing happened. If something they gather strong support.

You can always say that you are a concerned individual that worry about this particular issue. You can also disclose more information depending on the setting and the place.

It is always good to consider that the more risk the more gain. Your testimony carries more weight than any other argument because you are not a "dreaded other" but a friend, neighbor and member of a community. This law affects, not a foreigner, but one of us and must be stop.

The best possible advice I can give you is to attach yourself to a local organization. Usually, those are connected and more respected than you going to an event/meeting by yourself. It is not the same to belong to the ACLU, CHIRLA or UWD as a volunteer and activist than going Hans Solo on your own.