View Single Post
04-21-2016, 01:28 PM
From Texas
Joined in Jul 2009
178 posts
fabDreamer
Hello Dreamers,

It has been a while since I posted to the one community that I feel the most closest too, and yet is very much a virtual relationship.

I have a question that I would rather ask you guys first because I have learned that we know more about our situation and options than any lawyer I can afford. My boyfriend is a permanent resident and I am a DACA (Visitor Visa overstay from Kenya).

We have been talking about the next step because we are both mature and settled in life. I am worried because I don't know what sort of huddle we would face if we got married, and I wouldn't want to put him through that. I haven't told him I am DACA just because I am worried about what he will think. I hate how people make assumptions and only see you as a status when they hear about the whole undocumented thing. All of a sudden you are not a person with hopes, dreams, and passions. He may not do it, but I have seen it too often to not be weary. Anyway, so for some education:

Can I apply for an adjustment of status if I marry a greencard holder? How long is the process? What are the disadvantages/limitations? Has anyone gone through it?

Any advice would help. Thanks for reading.
Post your reply or quote more messages.