View Single Post
03-08-2020, 06:44 AM
Joined in Sep 2012
36 posts
dinokill
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAman View Post
Congrats, fellow non-DACA. Remember the cutoff date is October so enjoy your travels. I got to travel a few months back for what is likely the last time for a long time since I won't have a Real-ID either so it was pretty bitter sweet. Things went pretty smoothly for me too though I have a bad habit of annoying TSA agents by giving them the boarding pass for the 2nd leg of my trip and them giving me a dirty look. The people checking bags and shoes and such have been pretty nice and are just everyday working people doing their best. I hold nothing against them.

I have a feeling they're just enjoying this time too before the ID rules change because that will be quite the shit show. The airlines are losing their shirts right now with the Corona virus limiting travel plans but I really don't think they have thought about how much business they'll lose once REAL-ID is required. There are 11 million undocumented and even if a million of them are traveling now and stop traveling, that will not be chump change. Add to that Americans who also don't have REAL-ID. They're out there. I'm sure they'll blame everything but REAL-ID.
If you have a passport you don’t need a real ID. That’s if you are using your license I believe.

BTW I just passed TSA again at JKF airport. I’m on my way home to Sarasota now
Post your reply or quote more messages.