View Single Post
11-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Joined in Jul 2014
51 posts
ldh999
I would strongly recommend approaching your school and telling them about your situation. See if you can negotiate financial aid with them.

What scholarships have you looked into?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinara View Post
I am NJ resident but I attend college in NYC. It worked out much cheaper for me to go to school in NY as opposed to NJ prior to Jersey introducing the in-state tuition option for undocumented students. I have been using a cosigner to pay for the past 3 semesters I have been in college, since I got DACA. Unfortunately my cosigner does not want to cosign any of my loans anymore. I have about 3 more semesters to go before I graduate with my Bachelors in Accounting and I really don't want to slow down the process more than I already have in past because of my status.

I want to know if there are any other means for me to pay for college other than taking out loans? Every loan company I have called for student loans requires a cosigner. I have been building my credit since I was approve for DACA and got my social. Unfortunately, I still don't qualify to apply on my own because my credit history is too short and most companies want a Citizen/Green Cardholder as cosigner either way.

Any advice and tips on this issue would be great!

Thanks in advance.
6/27/14 — Renewal approved
6/27/16 — DACA expiration
Post your reply or quote more messages.