View Single Post
04-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Joined in Sep 2017
133 posts
Carlo
I'm about to turn 30, tomorrow actually, and not exactly where I pictured where I would be at 30 when I was 21 but I'm happy to know I'm heading in the right direction. Some of the problems that I face is due to DACA yes, but there are problems I face because I'm a first-generation immigrant (or rather 1/2 generation because of daca) or others because I'm a regular human. Problems won't disappear once we get legalized, they exist on the other side too. Dream act won't be a cure-all, so we got to do our best to solve those other problems like everyone else.

Then there are also problems that I don't have to face because I'm a DACA recipient, like living in poverty in my country of origin, or drugs, or war, or countless other things other people face in the world. Take your situation and put it in the context of the world instead of the context of the so-called "American Dream." I know people who are miserable who aren't dreamers because of various reasons and life choices. I really hope you see that you are blessed even if it doesn't look that way right now. I don't want to harsh, but I have a lot of respect for my fellow dreamer, we're tough because we've had to overcome this situation for a long time. We grow, even when they put us in the shadows. That just our MO as a dreamer.
Application Timeline - Expiring: 09/18/18 | Renewal Sent: 01/16/18 | USPS Confirmation: 01/18/18 | Email/Text Confirmation: 01/22/18 | Check Cashed: 01/23/18 | I-797C: 01/26/18 | Biometrics: 01/30/18 (walk-in) | EAD Approved: 04/23/18 | DACA Approved: 04/24/18
Post your reply or quote more messages.