View Single Post
06-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Joined in Dec 2010
5,410 posts
JohannBernoulli1667
I create this thread so that we can all come with: "Frequently asked questions"

Lets come up with a list of questions so that we can collectively answer tomorrow. I was going to come up with a list of all my questions my self but I am too lazy. Lol also because I am writing a love letter to this really pretty girl. anyways.
  • Q1: Will this work permit allow us to leave the country?
  • Q2: How will be able to prove that we were here on June 15? What about people who just forgot to do anything to prove they were here that particular day?
  • Q2.1 Was the 'have proof of being here on the 15th clause' being misinterpreted? Is it compulsory to have some documentation of that exact date?
  • Q3: Is this going to be re-newable indefinitely?
  • Q4: Will the process include medical examination? How will they handle Dreamers with diseases or life long conditions?
  • Q5: If someone is 30 now but turning 31 in the next couple of months, do they still qualify?
  • Q6: Does a misdemeanor count against you if it was committed before the age of 18?
  • Q7: Will working with a fake Social Security Number disqualify you?
  • Q8: Would those from an overseas country who have overstayed a tourist visa and went through customs and have an I-94 form be required to show more documents to prove that they were here on June 15th?
  • Q9: Can I adjsut my status here when I married a citizen with my work permit in hands? For visa overstayer? For broder-crosser?
  • Q10: What if ICE turn down my application? Can I appeal? Through internal system, or through the court?
  • Q11: Does the agency has to follow this? or it is up to the regional, or even the agent to decide whether they should follow it or not?
  • Q12: Can we use this to travel domestic, even though some of us have a legal passport from our home country?
  • Q13: Am I seen as International, H1B-equaivalent, F1-equaivalent? Tax-wise, work-wise (limited amount of work hours, for example)?
  • Q14: What if you came with a B1 Tourist visa, lived here for 2 years (2000-2002), went back and were able to re-enter (2003) because they did not catch you, do I still qualify if I have been here for more than 5 consecutive years?
  • Q15:What is meant by humanitarian in: 'Brief and innocent absences undertaken for humanitarian purposes will not violate this requirement.' (when referring to brief absences) IOW if some dude decided to go to his compadre's wedding and came back on his yet to expire border crossing visa?
  • Q16: Will having crossed multiple times on a valid visa (non-resident type) bar the beneficiary from deferred action?
  • Q17:Are dreamers of college age or older expected to be currently attending school to qualify? What of those w/degrees in hand? Do I have to be enrolled in college to qualify?
  • Q18:Will working for an American company overseas/elsewhere count against your stay in the 2yr period?
  • Q19:Exactly what sort of documents are sufficient to satisfy the requirements?
  • Q20: How will USCIS deal with those that cannot procure current picture ID for the biometrics due to having lost their Citizenship where they were born or cannot meet the requirements to obtain an ID from whence they came?
  • Q21: Will I have a problem if my True Full Name has two last names but my K-12 records show only one last name?
  • Q22: How can you prove economic necessity for work authorization?
  • Q23: How long will the entire process take?
  • Q24: Once approved, can I apply to my state's University and pay in-state tuition? (For state's that do not offer in-state to illegals)
  • Q25: Is health insurance available for us through a job?
  • Q26: What factors (such as a criminal record) will the person be ineligible to re-apply for a work permit after the two years?
  • Q27: Will applying put the parents of the applicant at risk for deportation (assuming the parents are also illegal)?
  • Q28: Will having claimed US Citizenship for work purposes disqualify a person from deferred action?
  • Q29: Can the USCIS agent choose to look at the facts of the case and say, "Even though he or she doesn't meet the requirements because of the SIGNIFICANT MISDEMEANOR , he or she meets them in every other way and therefore I am going to ignore it?"
  • Q30: Will cases be weighed on the basis of "Prosecutorial Discretion" in other words will discretion be exercised if people do not meet the eligibility requirements?
  • Q31: Can we join the military if we have a work visa?
  • Q32:Will those that qualify under the new regulations be given a Notice To Appear with their approved Deferred action paperwork initially?
  • Q33: If the initial basis for an application for Deferred action is approved under the Dream act-like regulations can one reasonably expect 2 years later another approval on the very same status based on the initial evidence submitted ?
  • Q34: In the event if the regulations are overturned and Congress has not acted would those that qualified under these regulations before be subject to removal proceedings?
  • Q35:Will you still qualify if you meet all of the requirements but are still in the process of getting your GED at the time this memo was issued?
  • Q36: In the event that an applicant who entered legally was given a final order for removal (over 15+ years ago) would they still qualify?
  • Q37: For applicants that have a social security not valid without work authorization, will they be able to use that same SSN once they obtain the EAD?

If you have the answer tomorrow. Just reference with the Q # and post your answer.

Hopefully we can get the critical answers tomorrow

After we are done I will create a final document to be publishd as the official "Deferred action FAQ answers"
Last edited by freshh.; 06-18-2012 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Combined all questions into a single post/adding questions
Post your reply or quote more messages.