View Single Post
07-05-2007, 04:53 PM
From The Westcoast
Joined in Jul 2007
999 posts
Ed
First of all i would like to introduce myself. hi! my names ed. and i am originally from the Philippines. I immigrated here when i was 4. I graduated high school in California. Although since then i have moved to Las vegas, Nevada with my parents. I have yet to go to college. I plan on getting my nursing degree. But unlike Texas and California, I hear that Nevada did not pass the bill in which undocumented students could pay in-state tuition fees. I am also a bit skeptical about going to college because first of all I cannot apply for Fafsa and any federal loans. My resources as far as financial aid is limited, because of my status. Also i have heard many stories about undocumented students who graduate, get degrees and are unable to accept any jobs, because they have yet to get a SSN. I have written, a letter to both of our senators here in nevada, encouraging them to pass the dream act, in which one of them is Harry Reid, the senate majority leader. The way i look at is, if i go to school and am able to get some kind of private loan, then i graduate, and i still cant work, who will help me pay for my loan?..Ill be stuck in the middle of nowhere with my degree. Like i said i plan to get my nursing degree, i was wondering if any of you guys know, if it would be possible if a health agency would sponsor me. because they do that a lot here in nevada. Other than that, what would u guys advice me to do. Any feedback would be great .javascript:emoticon('')
Sad
Last edited by Ed; 02-04-2008 at 01:41 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.