View Single Post
08-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Joined in Jul 2007
243 posts
califoniadreamin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.valenzuela
Hi Eduardo
I Think all of us here in this site are very familiar with your situation since we are all motivated individuals who want to become active members of society without a label in our foreheads. We are not able to work legally but its no secret that a lot of us do because we cannot get any type of federal aid to help us with our education costs therefore we must pay for every single fee our school demands. I recently graduated from college with an Associates in Behavioral Sciences and transfered to a Cal State University. Tuition is much higher there and I immediately looked into what type of loans I was able to get but was turned down by all Student Loan companies because I do not have a ssn. I then looked into private loans and the only people I was able to find that will loan me money to go to school was College Loan Corporation. A private loan will only be given to you if you have a qualified co-borrower (legal permanent resident or citizen w/ a good credit score) All you gotta do is find somebody with those qualifications and you can borrow the money and have the option to begin paying as soon as school starts (small monthly payments) or 6 months after graduation. I am currently working in a full-time job and about to attend full-time school as well. I know it might seem hard at times because doors get closed left and right but when that happens, look for the windows!! (if you know what I mean) Never give up and look for options...they are there, I have been turned down so many times because of my status but I keep trying until I find what I am looking for. I have come very far for a person who this country expects nothing more other than to be a burden to the government. It is time something gets done because we are here to succeed not to live in the shadows! Hope my information has helped. The website for private loans is www.collegeloan.com
well said 8.valenzuela! BTW, what CSU do you attend? Is it one in So.Cal? I go to CSUN
Post your reply or quote more messages.