View Single Post
08-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Joined in Aug 2007
7 posts
8.valenzuela
wow, didn't even know there was one. I should have figured since the O.C is such a racist county but not to worry, I am ready and willing to stand up to that kind of people. I have a anecdote back in college in my history class we had to choose from 5 different groups and illegal immigration was one of them. OF course I joined that group only to find that the remaining 5 guys in the group were totally against it. Just hearing a particular guy in the group refer to us as "parasites" enraged me but I wanted to hear what he had to say before I replied. They were all surprised to hear that I was not against it because that was how I entered this country and it was not my will. needless to say, at the end of the semester we had to do a 30 min presentation of what the conclusion was and by the end I got the rest of the guys to be in my side, to see the other side of the coin other than to sit and judge these people by what they hear and see in the media. Our 30 min debate turned into an hour long discussion that basically included only that guy and me going at it and some class participation. My teacher applauded me and students demonstrated their support at the end of class. It felt real good to be able to "enlighten" lol those who base their decisions on ignorant incomplete facts regarding immigrants. I hope I don't have to deal with that type of people though, its pretty uncomfortable to be put in the spot like that but will definitely do it all over again if its necessary.
Post your reply or quote more messages.