View Single Post
05-17-2009, 05:20 AM
Joined in May 2009
2 posts
Member1115
Hello everyone. Here is my situation. I want to help a young lady get from El Paso, TX to Los Angeles, CA to reunite her with her now dying father. I met her through our church, and know for a fact this young lady is someone who deserves a helping hand. Please help me help her.

Here is what I have found so far from my research. There are approx. 8+ routes leading out of El Paso, TX in various directions and all have BP checkpoints.

1. What are the hours of operation for checkpoints? In the last month that I have been actively evaluating all the possible routes out of El Paso, TX, the checkpoints are always up and operational. Some people say they occasionally shut them down during lunch breaks and or shift changes. If this is true, does anyone know what times?

2. Assuming I attempt to drive her myself through one of these checkpoints, is it true that weekends are better days to drive through with less hassle?

3. Are driving through checkpoints better to do so in the day, evening, midnight, or very early morning hours?

4. Do BP agents actually question passengers in vehicle if I (the driver) am declaring myself US Citizen with a valid Drivers License and ID? I really dont have what is known as a typical stereotype hispanic appearance. I dont have an accent and speak perfect english. I also am very clean cut and dress conservative/casual. For example, I have been told I look alot like Joey from the TV show Friends. Please dont think I say this to make this about me, I just want to provide you with somewhat of a visual of me so that you could get a better feel for my appearance and know how I might be percieved by a BP agent. So once again, can they question my passengers and demand an ID? Or better yet, can they or do they ask ALL passengers, or have the right to only question selected ones? I plan on taking a mix of adults and kids in a minivan, all of which will be US citizens with the exception of this young lady.

5. I noticed that all checkpoints have a line full of what seem to be cameras a few yards before the actual area where the agent approaches the car. Does anyone know if these are some sort of xray or heat sensing units to detect hidden passengers? Or are they just plain ole cameras?

6. Any other websites you all might know of that could have info relating to this?

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help and assistance with this. God bless you all who like this young lady are having to face these hardships. I know this is not what God had intended for his children, but I am certain that sooner or later government rule will be abolished, and ALL of Gods children will have equal access to the Earth He provided for us to share amongst ourselves as was His intent.
Last edited by Member1115; 05-17-2009 at 05:55 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.