View Single Post
05-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Joined in Apr 2013
1,014 posts
TexanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenmi View Post
The case is done. Nothing on your record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jada_wendy View Post
I would still disclose the information and include paperwork showing it was dismiss. My case has taken forever. I received a RFE for a misdemeanor that was supposed to be dismissed. I sent court records showing clean records. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherDreamer View Post
I also have a DUI (misdemeanor) charge, dropped to a reckless driving (traffic violation) and I'm still waiting. We'll see what happens....
I had a DWI case (from 2011 and finally done November 2012), thankfully it went on my favor, "not guilty". When I went to an attorney to try to apply for DACA, I was told I needed a letter that said that my case was completely closed, and that is the most important thing. Even though the judge might have dismissed or the case was given a verdict, you need to make sure that all the paperwork is properly processed in the courthouse. It took me almost four months to get that fixed (in between arguing with the attorney and the courthouse as to who had to file what) and to get the paper stating my case was closed and the outcome of it. In the application I did disclose it, and send the proper documentation.

So, based in my own personal experience, make sure that your case was properly closed and processed in the courthouse, and that you get documentation stating so.
Last edited by TexanJose; 05-09-2013 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Post your reply or quote more messages.