View Single Post
04-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Joined in Aug 2013
10 posts
Javier83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJose View Post
Honestly, I agree with those of us who have 'criminal records' dealing with the consequences of the alleged mistake, but making us wait a whole year? Is it some kind of extra punishment? Are they trying to make me become older (I'll be 30 next year) so that DACA doesn't apply somehow? Background checks do not take that long, or else, the backlog for the USCIS would be even worse than it is right now.

They have us hope, made us dream, and it's taking too long for it to happen, that's all. I've grown stressed and depressed, I haven't been able to sleep lately knowing that next week marks a when from when they received my application. I keep working, going to school, but nothing has changed. You got approved, I haven't. You'll be able to renew your DL, I've been driving with an expired one for FOUR years...I'm disappointed, that's it. I guess I finally figured it out.

Yes and I've also waited over a year since I sent my application, just shy a week of when they received it so I know how it is, I never said it was easy, you and i have similar timeliness so believe me, I know what you're going through, only difference I just got approved week and a half ago, not knowing and waiting sucks big time, btw I'm 31 years old so I don't think turning 30 is gonna mess things up for you, as far as I know as long as you apply before your 31st birthday you're good, yes driving without a license sucks, I got lucky and was able to renewed before they stopped issuing liscenses to illegals. Btw what was your criminal offense if you don't mind me asking? Either way it really sucks they make some of us wait longer than others, the way I saw it was we've been here since we were younger than 16, waiting a little longer is really gonna make it worst? I know not knowing is killing you but just keep a positive attitude, I really hope you get approved soon and everyone else as well.
Post your reply or quote more messages.