View Single Post
04-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Joined in Apr 2013
1,014 posts
TexanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier83 View Post
Yes and I've also waited over a year since I sent my application, just shy a week of when they received it so I know how it is, I never said it was easy, you and i have similar timeliness so believe me, I know what you're going through, only difference I just got approved week and a half ago, not knowing and waiting sucks big time, btw I'm 31 years old so I don't think turning 30 is gonna mess things up for you, as far as I know as long as you apply before your 31st birthday you're good, yes driving without a license sucks, I got lucky and was able to renewed before they stopped issuing liscenses to illegals. Btw what was your criminal offense if you don't mind me asking? Either way it really sucks they make some of us wait longer than others, the way I saw it was we've been here since we were younger than 16, waiting a little longer is really gonna make it worst? I know not knowing is killing you but just keep a positive attitude, I really hope you get approved soon and everyone else as well.
Just to make sure, I'm not mad at you or anything, I'm just frustrated and disappointed. My criminal offense is irrelevant, I exercised my sixth amendment right and was found 'not guilty'. Again, there are people who didn't answer that question 'yes' (because of its ambiguous writing) and didn't get any problems (which makes you think how unreliable background checks are, or just the whole system).

Look at AlexanderMQ, he's still waiting after what, 18 months? How can anyone with a bit of decency at USCIS excuse that? It's funny how people with 'families, kids' get approved faster and some people like him that have a different sexual preference, don't. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez817 View Post
Hi im new to posting here but i just wanted to share some information and see if anyone could help me i applied for the dream act on october 11 2012 and i whent to the biometrics a month later now its about to be 18 months since i applied ive made atleast 3 e requests ive called like 50 times i contacted my congressman he tried to help but they just told him the same thing i talked to a level two officer from uscis he said all i could do is wait or call the fbi because my back round check was the one stoping my aplication but when i called the fbi they either couldnt or dint want to help me i cant keep waiting im going crazy not beaing able to get a good joba nd a driver license does anyone know anything i can do this wait is killing me
Do you have a criminal record? That's the reason why many of us have had to wait over the six-month period the USCIS states this form takes to be processed.