View Single Post
06-29-2019, 01:08 PM
Joined in Oct 2012
374 posts
always_learner11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper View Post
Sorry but last election should have been a lesson that people don’t vote on social issues, they vote on the economy, about how they’re going to pay their rent/mortgage, put food on the table, send their kids to school, etc.

So far hated it or love it Pres. Trump has delivered economically. Voters are not going to go to the polls thinking about walls, kids being caged or walls being built. They are going to go vote based on who is delivering to them economically for their OWN FAMILY, not anyone else’s!

The only 2 Democratic states that would probably be energized are California and New York, but this isn’t about the popular vote so their vote won’t matter in the general election.
You think people voted for Trump mainly because of his economic policies? I think there's a fairly solid argument that Trump campaigned heavily on social issues including immigration, pro-life, pro-isolationist, and pro-Christian (i.e. pro-white?) policies and that those policies helped bring people to the polls.

As long as the Democratic candidate campaigns strongly and successfully on the economy (i.e. income inequality) and other core policies (i.e. taxes, health care), social issues can bring out some extra Democrat to the polls. The margins were extremely close especially in the rust belt that decided the electoral college vote, and every Democrat vote counts.
I-797C: 8/24/12 , 1/22/18
Biometrics: 9/12/12 , 2/14/18
Approved: 9/26
EAD Arrived: 9/29
Expire: 8/7/18
Post your reply or quote more messages.