View Single Post
04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
From Bay Area
Joined in Apr 2009
6 posts
BayAreaGirl
Hey everyone,
First of all, I’d just like to say that everyone’s passion, determination, and participation are very admirable. I’m just like every one of you, for the most part. We have similar struggles and the same aspirations. I go to college and I will graduate in a year. I pushed my graduation one year hoping DREAM will pass by then. I’m not new to this site because I used to come here when I felt down and alone. When I do go on this site my spirits lift and my hope gets stronger. I decided to join because my few calls a day to Senators won’t make as much of a difference than joining the mass calls/mass mailing will. I think the “target one Senator a week” and the “8000 postcards” are great ideas and I would love to participate.

I also have a few questions on the DREAM ACT that maybe you could answer…
1. Now that it was introduced—now what? When will it come to a vote for cloture?
2. Now that OBAMA said he would focus on immigration—will DREAM wait to be included in the expected Comprehensive Reform?
3. Do we want DREAM to be a piecemeal or part of the bigger Comprehensive Reform?

Thank you again!
Post your reply or quote more messages.