View Single Post
10-24-2012, 04:22 PM
BANNED
Joined in Sep 2012
1,340 posts
Mr_Dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyNY View Post
I applied 2 weeks ago after waiting 11 days since my approval. I received a letter stating that I may have to wait 4 weeks before they process my app (verification). I decided to be patient and wait a week. I called last week and they told me that they can't give me any info over the phone and that I should just wait. I woke up this morning very angry over being in "limbo", so I decided to go over there this afternoon and bust their balls. After waiting for an hour I was called up and gave them my letter. The lady helping me was very nice and it turns out that I was verified right away when I applied! ...and for some reason the app wasn't processed fully or "pushed through"! She finalized everything and told me to come back tomorrow for a print-out (with a valid reason). Long story short if I hadn't been patient and just inquired sooner, I would've had my ss card in hand by now.
So for all of u who wait the 10 days and still receive a "4 week" notice, go back there every day, bust their balls if u have to, until u get ur number. Patience helped me with my EAD process but this is a whole new animal...an inconsistent one at that. Do not be afraid to rip them a new one if necessary. Hopefully I can save some of u from going through the hell that I endured.
Thanks for sharing that. Are you planning on getting your dl soon ?
Post your reply or quote more messages.