View Single Post
07-27-2019, 04:58 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
7,546 posts
Smooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swim19 View Post
He can still use DACA as hostage for ending 'chain migration'. That was being brought up before the wall was built, so now the major focus will be on that.
Perhaps, but I can guarantee you that any future compromise proposals will all be too one-sided in favor of Trump's agenda--full of poison pills. The perfect time to reach a deal was late 2017/early 2018. Now, Trump is will corner Democrats into giving him everything he wants, or we will just end up without status while Trump can keep continue diverting funds for his wall. This is only temporary, but SCOTUS hints at ruling in favor of Trump here.

This is so infuriating yet hilarious at the same time. The clean dream act movement proved to be a complete, total failure. We did not get shit, and now trump has received around $6 billion to reinforce the current fence and now money for the wall.

I am not a Trump supporter, but this is why I kept pushing for a fair compromise in later 2017/early 2018. Raids were still going to happen, and Trump was still going to get money for his wall.

I am just venting here, Swim. I know you are not with the clean dream act movement.