View Single Post
09-13-2019, 07:16 AM
Joined in Nov 2012
49 posts
dexter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogJuiceMan View Post
You misunderstand, you always have the option of leaving. No border guard will stop you from leaving. No cop will stop you on your way out. You only don't want to leave cause you don't want to lose your place in line. They aren't stopping you from leaving, this is not a cage. If anything they are happy to see you leave. Sorry that you still have things in Mexico is elsewhere, but the vast majority have nothing to do over there.

We are not in prison, you can leave whenever you want. You just can't return. I wouldn't leave until I'm set solid. We'll see though. Lil Beano has his paperwork, he might get a good job in Mexico City while beans here can't even make it past interviews for Wendy's.
He'll definitely be able to land a job anywhere else in the continent with a graduate level education from the US and proper knowledge of the language. Some people are freaking out like it's the end of his life, it's not, he'll fine.

Now on to the other thing, yes, nobody is stopping you from leaving, but you can't come back. That's exactly what I'm getting at. I, for example, don't have much in my home country but my family is spread out across the globe and I can't visit them. That is what I meant when I said for some it feels like prison, because sure you might be able to do mostly everything within the borders, but you're not allowed to step outside. I'm not saying leaving permanently, I mean just leaving to visit family or a simple vacation. Some of you might not have anything outside of the States and have no reason to leave, and more power to you, but that's not the reality of some, and when we learn to empathize and understand what others are going through maybe we'll start to move forward as a society.
Post your reply or quote more messages.