View Single Post
07-18-2019, 09:39 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer83 View Post
Can you please cite where you got the requirement that a passport without visa and i94 are invalid? I went to TSA gov site and see nothing about visa and i94. Thanks
https://www.dhs.gov/real-id-public-faqs

Quote:
Q: What if an applicant states he or she has been in the United States for a number of years and does not have a valid passport or EAD?
A: Citizens from these countries who entered the United States lawfully years ago may have passports that have expired and have not applied for an EAD. Regardless of whether or not the applicant has a valid passport, he or she will need to obtain an EAD from USCIS in order to be issued a REAL ID-compliant document.

Q: What if an applicant states he or she has a valid passport but not an EAD?
A: According to the REAL ID regulation, applicants for a compliant driver’s license or identification card who present a foreign passport must also have a valid visa attached to the passport along with an I-94, as evidence of identity. A passport with just an I-94 is not acceptable evidence of identity under the regulation. Therefore, for purposes of establishing identity, an applicant from the Freely Associated States (other than one with a previously issued REAL ID compliant driver’s license or identification card) will need to obtain an EAD from USCIS in order to be issued a REAL ID-compliant document. Nothing will prohibit a state from issuing a noncompliant driver’s license or identification card until they can obtain an EAD.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.