View Single Post
07-13-2011, 11:10 PM
From Seattle
Joined in Jan 2011
213 posts
labamba84
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessmaster05 View Post
Why do I need a lawyer? I lived there until I was 13. Im 25 now. I guess I kinda remember how the system works.
I was 13 when I moved and I'm now 27 and I can tell you get a lawyer. Mexican law is a constantly evolving law based on a Napoleonic criminal system trying to become more Americanized. I will give you a couple of examples on why you need a lawyer. You want to buy property in Mexico real estate agents are not reliable sources of information since they are not govern by any entity. Want to get a license for your job or get your university degree translated be ready for DMV hell on steroids. Mexico has one of the worst bureaucracies in the continent. Think about what your needs are going to be and see if you do need a lawyer, but it never hurts to have one ready to help you. I been in Seattle for two years and I already have three lawyers that I had consultations with. A criminal lawyer that gave me some legal advice on what I can do to people trespassing into my land, a real estate lawyer that help me buy and rightly claim my properties and a immigration lawyer that did nothing for me. So be safe and get legal guidance that's the best way to move forward in any country.
Post your reply or quote more messages.