View Single Post
01-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Joined in Jan 2013
10 posts
tksmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayito View Post
tksmih I had a somewhat similar situation as yours but I came in from San Isidro port of entry with one of my cousins birth certificate. Basically I was impersonating my cousin and I had to memorize where he was born just in case the immigration officer would ask me. But when you said that they change your name... Do you mean that the guy that brought you used someone else's documents: his son? Or they legally changed your name and back again when you came in?

My parents paid that guy, who came to the US twice before as a tourist, to bring me here. In my home country, they made up some fake documents and changed my last name to his last name. So I was his "son". He applied for a visa but this time he wanted to bring his "son", me, along. We got accepted and came to the US. As soon as I came here, I was enrolled in school but under my real name. My dad took my foreign passport, birth certificate (real ones) and the school allowed to enroll. Since then, I've been living here under my real name.

So no, they didn't legally change my name. I never went to court to change it. Does that make sense?
Post your reply or quote more messages.