Thread: Another Newbie
View Single Post
10-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Joined in Apr 2009
8 posts
*Dream*
My family came here when i was 3 years old. While i was still 3 my mom had my sister here in the US. Then my mom and my sister moved back to the US.
When I was 5 years old my mom came to the US leaving my sister and i with our grandma.
My sister and I came back to the US when i was 6 years old. I entered first grade and i didnt know any english whatsoever. I failed the first grade because of it. In the third grade i was placed in the Talented and Gifted program. Since then i have gotten many awards and honors. My family has been proud of me and expect me to be something great. When i entered highschool this year, the fact that i am not able to work or get a Driver License because of my status hit me. I cried at night thinking that i wouldnt be able to join my friends in college or enjoy the freedom that they have.
I am turning 16 in December and many of my friends are telling me that they are excited for me cause i will almost get my drivers license, then i have to make up some excuse to them for not being able to get it.
I am tired of waiting for something to happen, and since this summer i decided to take action for my future.
Post your reply or quote more messages.