View Single Post
06-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Joined in Oct 2012
14 posts
CaliDreamin
I wanted to share my sister's experience being granted in state tuition in California.

She and I went to high school in Idaho and moved to California after graduation. We do not qualify for AB540 which allows students to attend college in California and pay in-state tuition at public colleges and universities if they graduated in California or attended a California high school for three years.

Well she heard from her boyfriend that a college in San Diego was allowing students who have been granted DACA to be reclassified as residents and allowed to pay in-state tuition.

She emailed the admission department at her college and they told her she should submit a Residency Reclassification Questionnaire and supporting documentation that she has been living in California for at least a year and that she has had DACA for year. Well she submitted the college's questionnaire and documentation and they reviewed her documents and after a couple of days they re-classed her as a resident for tuition purposes.

She went from paying $200 per unit (out of state tuition) to $46 per unit! I urge you guys to contact your college's admissions office and ask if they are willing to reclassify you as a resident with your DACA status.

I will be submitting the same documentation at my college. Good luck to you all!
Post your reply or quote more messages.