View Single Post
01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
From Georgia
Joined in Sep 2007
2 posts
junebug
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstreetgirl View Post
I noticed that most of the people on here are still students. To people who managed to finish their bachelor's, were you able to get a better job? I have a liberal arts degree that's particularly useless unless unless I go to grad school. But, obviously, why bother with that if I can't even pursue a career without a valid SSN... I should've spent my time working to help out my family, instead of throwing hard-earned money away on a degree that now has no value at all, seeing that I'm unemployed and can't even get calls back for restaurant jobs.

It would be encouraging hear anybody's story about college improving things for them, money-wise. I'd like to start feeling hopeful again.

There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think that I might of wasted four years of college when I should have helped my family out. But at the end of the day I think about the better days to come and how proud my family is of me. And why not...How proud I am of myself ---the important part is that we made it through college without the commodities of having an i.d. and scholarships...heck, other students have all of that and can't even finish a year in college.

I am a recent graduate with a degree in teaching and an endorsement in ESOL. I am bilingual and I am a hell of a teacher! (I LOVE TO TEACH)
It irritates me to see other classmates get jobs that I know I would do a better job at.

When you wake up everyday consider yourself lucky...at least you aren't in a third world country without food, shelter and have to sleep with one eye open :/

Try volunteering in something you like ---who knows maybe this will open up doors and you can make connections to find a job/ or a part time job where they can pay you under the table...

I hope this helps...I tell myself this everyday...Don't give up!
Post your reply or quote more messages.