View Single Post
09-25-2009, 05:39 PM
From Illinois/Florida
Joined in Jul 2009
2,219 posts
buckminsterfullerene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
That's cool! Proud of you. It takes courage to tell anyone, even to close friends. I started to think, why is that? I don't think it is about fear, but rather a lot of it is embarrassment, truly. To admit to it, to say it, it hurts because we even try to at times to deny it to ourselves, sort of a defense mechanism. To say it makes it more real. I don't know. On my part, even though people may know this about me, and may broach the subject for whatever reason, it hurts to even talk about it. Don't know why. Any thoughts?
I don't think its only about embarrassment, but the issue that I have been telling them all these lies to cover my status comes up. There is also the worry that they will look at you differently, and that the friendship will break apart because of disclosing this.

I think the fact that we know there are people out there against our cause provides another obstacle for us to ever disclose our status. How do we bring the case of immigration to find out how the person feels about the subject? What would happen if we found out that a person we considered a good friend was actually vehemently against illegal immigrants attaining legal status?

I just keep that rather keep that door closed then risk it.
Post your reply or quote more messages.