View Single Post
10-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Joined in Jun 2007
2,690 posts
CIR_DREAM2009
Posted by Ianus

Quote:
There are many immigration loopholes but in reality it depends on if the person was in the right place & time to get the benefit,245[i] is only one such example.Warning;I am not an immigration attorney,the following should be tried with one as this is only advice also if you have a felony record or three misdemeanors at the local,state or federal level or a cumulative from any of the previous categories I would not suggest following this advice..

My examples on any possibility to get yourself legal would be :

1.If you recollect your parents having an old case that you were a beneficiary of,try to investigate if it could be re-opened & possibly adjudicated.Regardless of if you are an EWI[Entered without Inspection] or an Overstay[self-explanatory,lol],it might still be possible under 245[i].

2.The all encompassing *bona fide* marriage.If you're an EWI & want to adjust status through a bona fide marriage you'll need to have evidence of being grandfathered under 245i currently in order to adjust inside the United States,however if you are NOT under 245i you'll have to have your immediate relative spouse file an I-601 with proof of documentation showcasing extreme hardship to the sponsor but this can only be processed through consular processing so the beneficiary would have to be outside the United States in their home countries while the local US embassy processes the I-601.An overstay would would only have to show proof of a bona fide marriage in order to adjust within the U.S.

3.Those that have removal or deportation orders before 1996 should strongly consider Suspension of deportation if you they have an immediate family member whom is a US citizen or Permanent resident.Immediate relative are usually considered the nuclear family.

4.A lawyer is HIGHLY advised if this is to be attempted.This is a recent option that has just become attainable this month,If you or an immediate family member has been the victim or a witness to crimes even those in the past & are willing to aid law enforcement[Local,State or federal] you or they may be eligible for a U-visa including those with removal/deportation orders.The tricky part is having the law enforcment agency,Prosecutor or Judge you have helped certify that you have done so,without the certification that you have helped you will NOT be eligible for a U-visa.

5.Here is a recent way in which one can claim US citizenship through their Grandparents if they qualify.Shusterman even has the information on his website as well..
Post your reply or quote more messages.