Thread: Juarez???
View Single Post
05-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Joined in May 2006
6,537 posts
Ianus
Under these circumstances I think you're making the right choice in getting your situation straightened out.I'd recommend following YGAA's advice about going over to the website listed since that is where you'll get some first hand experience of people who are going through the process.It'll be expensive & time consuming but I think before you take any real steps towards this process that you take some time to talk with your significant other & come up with a plan to make it work.

*The most important part of the I-601 process is the Hardship letter the U.S Citizen sponsor will have to write proving extreme hardship & with the necessary evidence.*

On second thought,having read through some of your past posts I wonder if you have to leave the United States at all to have your status adjusted,since it looks like you might be under 245i.If you can provide some dates concerning when your Father applied for residency[even if it was denied] since it seems you were a beneficiary you might actually be 245i eligible since I know residency applications do take time.
Quote:
My father tried to get us papers and we only got as far as getting a social security number and a work authorization card. Then they abandoned the case and my work permit has been expired for 6 yrs. so my stay here is illegal.
If your Father's application was submitted before April 30th,2001 you don't have to leave to adjust your status.
Last edited by Ianus; 05-03-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.