Thread: Juarez???
View Single Post
05-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Joined in May 2006
6,537 posts
Ianus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose65 View Post
Thank you so much for the quick response. Yeah i gotta contact him about that because i heard it might "grandfather" the 245i, but i'm still not 100% sure if he did it before that date. I'll go check out that one site too. I also have to contact my uncle (mom's brother) because he immigrated through EWI illegally and he married his born USC girlfriend, and he's a permanent resident now, has been for about 4 yrs. Now he is trying to become a citizen, he still needs another year though. He entered when he was like 12 yrs old. Idk maybe the laws were different back then (2000). But nevertheless thanks alot guys. =]
No problem,If your father's application was filed before April 30th,2001 & your name was on it,any adjustment application you file today would be grandfathered under 245i also this "old law" would be with you for life until you adjust your status within the United States & is called "Derivative Grandfathering" in your case if you qualify.

You would just need a copy of your father's application with the accompanying applicable Adjustment application to prove to USCIS to you're eligible.