View Single Post
11-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Joined in Aug 2016
148 posts
Ghoster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJose View Post
I think this is what echoes with me the most...I do not want to go back to driving without a valid driver license. I do not want to go back to work without a permit. I do not wanna go back to having to stay in my house and in my local area because I cannot travel. I do not want to go back to fearing deportation. I do not want to go back to be at the mercy of politicians that do things based on popularity and not what's actually best for people. I do not want to go back to uncertainty.

I AM TIRED. I am tired of waiting for things to change. I am tired of being hated because of racism and xenophobia. I am tired of being a fourth class citizen (US Citizen>Resident>Work permit legally from another country>DACA). I am tired of not traveling overseas. I am tired of being told to 'get married' when I do not wanna do so, I cannot play that game.

I know we are here illegally, but it's a burden that was imposed upon us. Most of us are doing as best as we can, and even then (I have a BBA and over five years of experience in my field) it has been difficult to get a good paying job.

If worst was to happen...I will keep on saving until I cannot work anymore. I will then sell everything I have here and move on with my life. I will move back to my home country (Mexico). I will travel around. I will lift the burden I have been carrying for more than 15 years, and then MOVE ON.

And then...good riddance. Thank you USA, you did not offer me enough to pursue my happiness but you gave me enough to become what I am today.
Well said bud. A lot of us feel the same way. There's a difference between people who live and thrive for freedom while never experienced it, and people who reached freedom then has it taken away.

When it's time, then the hard choice to leave is the one we'll have to make. Be thankful for the experiences we've gained and try to use them to the fullest in the future to come.

If the American system doesn't want our contributions, we'll take it elsewhere.
Post your reply or quote more messages.