Thread: Hey wuts up!?!?
View Single Post
08-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Joined in Aug 2007
5 posts
Loday927
So im really glad a site like this exists... My name is Lorena n i live in Cary IL. Im gonna be a senior this year and I want to become an engineer, but like most of you, a lot of my career plans depend on the dream act. It really sucks! See where I live, its mostly white populated so Im a mexican roamin with white friends who have no idea that i am illegal. I never really gave it much thought until I took drivers ed and found out that I couldnt get my license. After that Ive been even more and more worried of what my future will bring. I have some questions to any of you that might be from IL... I really want to g2 Univ of IL in Champaign but do I have to pay out of state tuition? If thats the case Im going to have a really hard time going there. Anyways, Im pretty sure all of you have similar stories so i dont need to mope about mine cuz you guys probably have it just as bad. I would really like to be able to talk with all of you, bc I feel really alone. My parents have hopes and dreams about me going to college and everything, but they dont really realize how big of obstacles there exist. I keep all my worries to myself and it just gets overwhelming. Like a couple weeks ago... I applied for a job at Jiffy Lube and got it. I thought I was safe but after 2 days of going for training I got a call from the manager telling me that my name didnt match my social. Of course it didnt bc it doesnt even exist! i thought That night I cried my eyes out. I couldnt even keep a job at Jiffy Lube, what are the chances of me getting one as an engineer. I made my parents feel horrible. They told me how they came here thinking of me, for a better lifestyle and a brighter future, never giving second thoughts on how they got me here. They asked me if I thought wut they did was right.. Of course it was, but it hurts to know that I cant accomplish that because they came here illegally in the 1st place. After that I try not to talk about my plans for college with them because I dont want to upset them, but its always on my mind... Wow, I just blabbed some more about myself... Well yea mainly I just want to talk to other people like myself, so i know im not alone
So please anyone get back to me, hre or email me at [email protected]
Post your reply or quote more messages.