View Single Post
05-12-2011, 01:25 AM
From Illinois/Florida
Joined in Jul 2009
2,219 posts
buckminsterfullerene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaveabigdream View Post
You are creepy and sound like you really got nothing better to do.
I mean, its not complicated, I sort of enjoy trying to find out who everyone is

Ok, not really, but if someone asks I will try, recall POPs tried to make it a game and he got freaked out when in a matter of hours we had narrowed it down to even what teacher he had in school. Thing is, its scary the amount of information you can find online even when you think you have been very careful, I exploit that to my advantage if I am going to confide in someone about my status, I can usually get it down to where they live, what kind of contributions they have made to which politician and when, and their occupation, all looking through public accessible information and usually starting with either a name or an e-mail address. Especially now that I am getting more involved out there, in the real world, where there is this thing people call sunlight...

I am sure if someone tried, they could find out who I am based on the information I have given, but right now I just don't care anymore, I am still in the shadows but if someone asks and I think they are someone that I could trust I will likely let them know.

Thing is, that I have been reaching out to a lot of people in the past couple of weeks alone with the intent of organizing and things have been going far better than I ever expected. I believe that the reason we are having a very hard time passing the dream act is that phenomenon that I have heard time and time again in industrial organizational psychology. The scenario where its easy to say you want to hire 20 engineers and fire 30 carpenters, its easy because you consider them engineers and carpenters and those terms dehumanize the individuals the terms represents, so it becomes easy for people to say they want to deport those that are undocumented immigrants, it would become much harder to say they want to deport (insert name), or to advocate something that would remove someone whose story is known.

And now I am encountering people that oppose the DREAM Act, but at the same time support particular dreamers because they feel they are what america needs, which they are. But they start suggesting maybe if the DREAM Act had this and that provision they would support it, which in my opinion is a hell of an improvement over just downright opposing the dream act under all circumstances.

sorry for getting distracted there, but... yeah this is probably one of those "way you think" moments that could identify me I suppose :-p

I do however contend, the way one thinks and the way one carries out in the real world may be very distinct, if you are in the shadows you may not be letting out who you really are in fears you could be discovered, at least that is how I have felt. To most people I am that shy, timid person that rarely talks, to others I am the friendly person with outspoken views, and I don't think either really identifies who I am really am because both are in the shadows.
Post your reply or quote more messages.