View Single Post
05-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Joined in Apr 2009
566 posts
loquito23
Quote:
Originally Posted by poel View Post
Hello. I am a senior in sunny hills high school, who is graduating soon in June. Although, many of my school mates already decided and applied to colleges they want to go, I still haven't done anything yet.

First let me tell you about my status. I am a korean student, who holds f-2 visa under my father who holds f-1 visa.

I moved to U.S. about 7 years ago from now...
I have unweighted GPA about 3.89 for last 3 years, and 4.34 for weighted GPA.
I am eligibility in state-wide student to attend UC (who are guaranteed admission to UCs).

Even though, I am academically high-achieving student, many things which I wanted to do after I graduate was disturbed by my status in U.S

I have been invited to many UCs and my 4-year colleges, but they are too costy since I am not qualified for any financial aid or support. (Preaching work)

But rather than going to good 4 year college I wish to go to 2-year college to learn a skill or trait which I can use to get a part-time job so that I can spend more time in things that I want to devote myself in.

At first, I have decided to go to ultrasound field, which only required 1.5~2 years of study in private college.
However, it didn't work out because of high tuition ($34,000, and uneligibility in student loan because of my status.)

Now, I really don't know what to do. Can anyone suggest me a good skill or trait for part-time job, which receives reasonable pay for someone to live?

And no matter how hard I try to find, I could not find any scholarship for person who is not permanent resident/citizen, can anyone guide me if there are scholarships provided to student like me? (I mean I have pretty high GPA also...) Also I am involved in preaching work for 840 hrs each year, (if this could be a help to find scholarship for me)

really, my life is depended on this, and I am so frustrated by the fact that I can't do anything about it.

Please, if anyone has experience, guide me, and tell me a way... Also, I heard f-2 visa holder cannot attend college except vocational school or technical school, is that true?

Please, help me...!!

I am desperate, and time is ticking away! :'(

What type of preaching work do you do? Is it for a church? You do alot! Keep up the good work!
Post your reply or quote more messages.