View Single Post
04-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Joined in Oct 2013
10 posts
EmEm
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerboy007 View Post
wow! congrats!!
did they ask you for any proof of your father's illness? if so, what kind of evidence did you provide?

Hi there,
sorry for the late reply of this. [i wrote the original post]
oF course, I actually fileld out all the paperwork myself.
The bottom line is this --> they don't know you and don't know your case, therefore, you need to prove to them EVERYTHING including, that you are you (a copy of a legal document that proves that you are you), proof that the person you claim to be your father is your father (a legal, translated doc by an official translator like a birh certificate, and officilal doctor's documentation that explains his illness, translated to english.
also, remember that these are immigration officers and NOT doctors, so I also sent copies of explanations of the illness my dad has from a reputable site online webMD that explained his illness in detal.

I followed the instructions for the application to the T (meaning I read it over and over again) and made sure my packet was organized, like a story, so the immigration officers had an easy time understanding it.

here are the isntructions to the application. READ THEM SLOWLY. you'd be applying for #3 advanced parole http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...i-131instr.pdf

-I first proved that I was who I said I was
- I then proved that my father was my fatehr with a copy of the spanish birth certificate and a translation attached to it from a reputable translating company
- I then proved his illness - provided copies of doctor's paperwork explaining his diagnosis. I included the spanish copies and the english translations
- I then proved that the illness was serious by providing an explanationo of the illness dfrom a reputable site (webmd).
- I then explained the reason why I needed to travel to see him (to help locate good medical care for him)
- note that the instructions say sending copies is ok. I NEVER SENT ANY originals in case they got lost.

my application was approved the first time around ==> it took about two months for it to go through.

let me know if you have any other questions

oh and ps. I worked for 1 year with an immigration attorney so that's how I learned to be methodical in submitting applications
Post your reply or quote more messages.