View Single Post
11-10-2016, 11:21 PM
Joined in Feb 2008
100 posts
Kalnit
https://news.vice.com/story/trumps-p...e-easy-to-keep

I AM CALLING ALL DREAMERS INTO ACTION!

Not right now, since Trump has not done anything yet. Heck, his promise to end ALL OF OBAMA'S Executive Order might have been just an election rhetoric nonsense that he really didn't mean. But if he did, if he does follow through, WE NEED TO BE READY TO ACT! Our politicians vouching for us are doing everything they can, but we need to give that push from behind to support them.

I have lived in the US for 15 years and I am a pharmacist only thanks to DACA. Many of you have similar story as I do. But what have WE done to deserve this? Do we deserve to be retreated as second- no, third rate citizen? To be given a semblance of status only to be taken away? When we have only worked hard to be productive and have committed no crimes whatsoever? When we have gone through elementary, middle school, high school, college, and graduate schools, and career all in the US?

What I am calling on everyone to do: When it is announced that DACA is rescinded by Trump, I would like to announce a date on here when to organize a GIGANTIC PROTEST in Washington DC. There are almost a million people who have received DACA, we need only a small fraction of that to make a difference. When I announce this date, I would like EVERYONE to tell other DACA recipients you know about this protest. I would give enough time for everyone on the other side of the Ocean to prepare, since this protest would need to last for weeks.

For those hesitating on openly fighting against this, I want you to read something called "The Melian Dialogue." It is the dialogue between the weak people of Melos and the powerful Athenians during the Peloponnesian War (around 400 B.C.). The people of Milos was weak, and Athenians were strong. Athenians wanted them to surrender their freedom, yet Melos did not. There was no way Melos could beat the Athenians.
The Melians were peaceful.
The Melians had freedom.
And the Melians, were destroyed.

I'm asking everyone here to think about this: What is it that you believe enough to march toward certain defeat? And defeated we will be for certain, Trump has said that "They [Dreamers] have to go" and he and the Republicans hold the Presidency, the Senate, and the House. When he cancels DACA, GONE will be your dreams of having a normal life depicted in any of the TV shows, such as "Friends" or "How I Met Your Mother." GONE will be your career, GONE will be your car or house ownership. The only life left for you here, with your degree which is rendered irrelevant, is getting a beneath-minimum wage under the hand paid job for the rest of your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, and even 70s if you last that long.

I refuse to go down without a fight. What say you?
Post your reply or quote more messages.