View Single Post
08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Joined in Feb 2010
39 posts
RADAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckminsterfullerene View Post
Not saying that it should not be done, it is a risk that would have to assessed on an individual basis, in this case it seems to work out well for the OP, he had other considerations such as a doctors appointment he had for the same date and time, therefore, he got an order to get the biometrics done it just did not work with his schedule, right?

If you want to see exactly what USCIS will see when considering your case, there is a way to get your background checked, the process will take 2-6 weeks. Not sure where, I would seek the advice of an immigration lawyer before hand, from what I am told there would be no risk on taking this option, no case would be opened, ICE would not be able to place a hold because you would appear on their system, you would simply be sending the fingerprints to the FBI and getting all the information relating to you nationwide. There is at least one pro-bono operated by a catholic church in Chicago that is doing this for all the cases before sending any applications in order to ensure that their applicants do not have any issues going through their petition. But there is a way.

As for getting the biometrics done early without an order, there was also a warning from another attorney, to avoid locations that is housed in immigration offices, ICE or USCIS, but I feel there was something else more specific mentioned as to what locations you should look for, but be aware there is always a risk involved.
It seems like a good idea to check your record to make sure that there’s nothing inaccurate that shows up in your record. You rather be safe than sorry since there is no appealing process for DACA. Buckminsterfullerene, if you don’t mind me asking , if there are no risks with the FBI background check, what is the reason to seek advice from an immigration lawyer?
Post your reply or quote more messages.