View Single Post
03-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Joined in Dec 2010
137 posts
zeomax
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetKnown View Post
There has been no mention of a renewal limit. I received a letter from USCIS reminding me that my DACA expires soon and that my renewal request must be submitted between the 150-120 expatriation window; I doubt that was an oversight.

I'll be sending my packet and check for renewal on 03/21, my 150th day before expiration. My DACA and EAD are set to expire on 08/17. This will be my second renewal. My initial approval was granted in 2012, first renewal in 2014 and second renewal request is in 2016.

It's difficult to only plan my life two years in advance. I'd like to settle down, start a family and purchase a home. But not knowing where I'll be two years from now just doesn't make it feasible to marry and attempt to secure a home loan. Do any of you feel similar to me, or have you guys ventured out and gotten married or even secured a home loan?
It is ironic you mention this. I was living my life without a worry until I received the letter to renew my EAD. Then it hit me that my life is only secured every 2 years. But hey, it is way better than being in the shadows.
Email and Text Received: 8/28/12 at 11:29am
Notice of Action Letter: 8/31/12
Biometrics Appointment: 9/28/12 Walk In: 9/18/12 EAD Approved 9/28/12
Post your reply or quote more messages.