View Single Post
01-14-2020, 11:07 AM
Joined in Jun 2017
680 posts
trac3rt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juaniboi09 View Post
Hello my fellow dreamers!

I’ve been lurking around for a few years now and decided I would create this thread as there aren’t any dedicated to those of us who are going through consular processing instead of AOS.

My short bio: My family moved from Tepic Nayarit, MX to Grand Rapids, Michigan when I was 7 years old. I’ve pretty much lived all my life here—I finished HS, undergrad, and will be completing my Master’s degree this upcoming May from Michigan State University. This would not have been possible without the Obama administration which allowed me to obtain my DACA work permit when I was 17 years old. DACA is a privilege and has truly been life changing. In addition to this, my partner has really motivated and empowered me throughout my academic journey. This past summer my partner (a naturalized USA citizen) and I finally got married and self filed I-130 on October 9th. Per USCIS app we’ve been waiting 95 days! Thanks to receiving DACA before my 18th birthday, I did not accrue any unlawful status and will not need to file a waiver, BUT since I am an EWI I have to follow consular processing and not AOS. As such, I still have to wait for I-130 approval, then NVC, and finally interview in Ciudad Juárez. I am hoping this process does not take too long as my dad signed his voluntary departure this past week and will be leaving the country in May. I would like to visit him this upcoming December! Keeping my fingers crossed ��

I think this blog is a great platform to support one another and am thankful for everyone who contributes to it. If anyone has any questions about my process please ask. Otherwise I’d love to hear where others are at.
I am not sure how long I-130s are currently taking to get approved, but expect AT LEAST another year after that to get an appointment in Juarez.

The US embassy in Juarez is incredibly busy!

Good luck!
Post your reply or quote more messages.