View Single Post
01-27-2018, 11:04 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,680 posts
IamAman
The problem is that this isn't simply a case of taking care of the dreamers now and then figuring out how to humanely treat other undocumented people. This is a very narrow taking care of DACA eligible dreamers while at the same time making sure parents (here or abroad), other Dreamers, aged out siblings (here or abroad), and millions of other future immigrants have a near zero chance of getting a green card. Call me selfish for being an aged out dreamer but this will come back and bite you guys in the ass too.

I'm fortunate that my parents are legal residents and I promise you that dealing with aging parents who are here without documents and access to medicare is going to be hell for you, even if you have a green card. It's going to be one thing after another for aging parents - one month it's cataract surgery which costs 6 grand per eye. Another day it's an angiogram, endoscopy, hospital stays, MRIs, etc. and guess who's going to have to pay for that. It's you that's who.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.