Thread: When Trump wins
View Single Post
08-20-2019, 07:41 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
The one constant painful lesson that I've learned over the years is that as bad as things are, they can get much much worse. I've also been in some seemingly hopeless situations and in constant danger and somehow still managed to be here and navigate through it so there is some pride in being strong enough to make it through this.

It can drive you insane if you think too far in the future and how much worse than this it can get so you can't dwell too much or you'll die of anxiety and then what good will that do? If I can play therapist for a minute, you have to acknowledge the situation you're in right now, make any plans that are within your power, but don't dwell on it. Certainly don't do anything destructive like excessive drinking or worse, drinking while driving, etc. Self care is the most important thing all of us can do right now.

You can also take some comfort in knowing that throughout history, many groups of people have been in similar if not more hopeless situations than us and made it out ok. Sometimes, it was even sooner than they expected.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.