View Single Post
11-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Joined in Oct 2012
512 posts
chocolatedrop
I do see this as a political stunt to see the backlash from Repubs, Americans,and the immigration community, how convenient this information is leaked before Obama's trip to Asia. Now there is no mention if the parents of US citizens are minors....this was released to see what the republicans plan to do to stop this. They will shut the government down....See why would he throw the USCIS a bone in reference to A RAISE..... PLEASE don't get me wrong ...either way somebody will be left out for quite some time....no one will be completely happy until CIR is passed! In respect to him granting work permits to parents of US citizens, you can best believe the new congress will work hard to change the 14th amendment granting automatic birthright citizenship ....which was put in place because of slavery BTW....and Americans are not going to fight this. I see this causing just as much harm as good....if the president was to veto the change to the 14th amendment ... it would make its way to the Supreme Court where as most likely birthright citizenship would be re written to reflect today's interpretation of the law. Hey my brother is an adult with 1 drug charge they he got when he turned 18, which most likely will disqualify my mom ....see all the numbers don't mean shit until those requirements are released.
Post your reply or quote more messages.