View Single Post
03-14-2009, 10:43 AM
From Pennsylvania
Joined in Sep 2007
909 posts
MariaG1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbelle View Post
wow...i was trying to help out someone, with what i know of the situation and i get criticized? whereas K-Man up there, ACTUALLY criticizes someone about posting a thread twice and nobody says anything....

AND one more thing...if previously having a B2-visa isn't the problem, then why won't someone tell me why so many people have been denied from community colleges (being that they do have the rest of the requirements)?
Wow, you need to grow some balls. You're not getting criticized, he was simply telling you that you need to be clearer when explaining things as to not mislead people. I'm not trying to be mean. I am glad you're trying to help and that you're a legal citizen and support DREAM, but people are going to correct you if your post does not have the right information because some people might believe it.

And what he said is correct. As long as you're undocumented (if your visa is expired) and you meet all the other requirements, you are eligible for in-state tuition in California. Check out the link he sent you; nowhere in it does it say that you're not eligible if you have an expired B1 or B2 visa. Actually, nowhere in it does it ask you to write down what kind of visa you have.

I would call the school and find out why exactly he was denied, because if that was the reason, it is not a valid one.

"And where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can." - Barack Obama
Last edited by MariaG1987; 03-14-2009 at 10:48 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.